Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just Say No

Never again. I'm not doing it. No. I will refuse to be room mom ever again. Someone shoot me if I ever do it. Although, I somewhat remember thinking this exact same thing before.

Here I am covered in class frames, year books, and teacher gift cards...literally. I'm not kidding.

I'm trying to throw together this and that. I need to ask for some donations without asking for too much as per the demands of the PTA. Who are those people anyway? I want to throw a nice end of year party but don't want to over do it. I'm worried if I should pre-paint the frames or not before letting the kids glue sequins all over them. Seriously? No. No more. Why am I worried about this? Do I even remember my 1st grade class party? Did we even have class parties back then? Did we even have room moms? What's the purpose of a room mom?

Why is the end of the year so hectic? It's like some big hurdle that you have to jump over before you get to lay around and be lazy. I can't wait for that first week of summer. But only the first week. By the end of the summer I'll be so ready for school I'll probably volunteer to be room mom!

No comments: