Monday, May 17, 2010

3:57 AM

I'm slowly pulled from my deep warm happy sleep. I lay still, not wanting to move, keeping all of my muscles asleep. I finally open my eyes and look at the clock. 3:57. I sill refuse to move the rest of my body, hoping I can just close my eyes and go back to sleep. I turn on my mom hearing and wait for the inevitable sound I know I'll soon hear. I know there is a reason I've woken up, my mom instincts. I listen to my husband, completely asleep. His dad instincts are working well!

A few sleepy seconds later I hear a muffled cry. I wince, knowing I need to get up. Finally, the one word comes that makes me finally move my body out of my restful position, "mommy!"

2 comments:

candacedawnphr said...

Ohhhh nooooo....darn those kids. Whose idea were they anyways??

Baby Boberg & Parents said...

Those Daddys. They never hear anything and they never get called for anything. But when its playtime its all, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" Ugh!