Sunday, September 13, 2009

My husband thinks I'm evil

I feel slightly bad writing this post to follow that very poignant post from Amanda regarding 9/11. All "me me me" when the previous issue was so much larger than any one of us. I hope the families of those affected by the tragedies are healing and finding peace.

Ok, time for some humor (generally at my expense..)

So, sleep depravation does crazy things to people. Apparently it is turning me into some horrific demon. Case in point, the hamster (aka, the thing I never wanted and had brought into my home against my will) got loose the other morning. This particular morning, my son decided that intemittent sleep throughout the night was a great idea. Needless to say I was tired. Dead tired. The hamster decided captivity was simply not for her so, after weeks of planning.. she sprung loose from her pink prison. Amazingly, we didn't find her spread eagle on the bathroom floor as she had to take quite the leap from the top of the vanity. Anyways, my ex-husband discovers this when he came to take my daughter to school. He alerts my husband and father so there are 3 grown men in search of teeny "Sally", even calling for her like a dog. None of them will admit to this but, my daughter told me its true. Apparently they searched for quite some time but to no avail. Later in the morning I discover this and develop extreme paranoia that she's just waiting around a corner, or in a heating vent to attack me. The conversation then goes as follows:
Me: "Why didnt you wake me earlier to help?"
Husband: "Your dad asked the same thing and I told him that if we woke you, you would find it with some heat seeking superpower, rip its tiny heart out and then eat its soul."
Me: "WHAAAAAAA? Am I that bad? Am I that tired?"
Husband: "Yes. Its best not to wake you."
Wow. I've gone from "Good Morning Mommy!" to "Don't wake mommy! She'll eat your soul!"
Perhaps instead of some energy drinks, an exorcism is in order?
Either way, I need some uninterrupted sleep.


3 comments:

Lesley said...

oh...been there....Loved this post....

Nanny Deprived said...

eat your soul! lol

Laser Labels said...

I had lots of hamsters growing up and they always got out. I once found one in my mom's dresser (up a flight of steps) it has gotten into a drawer, made a home, and managed to destroy lots of expensive swimsuits....my mom was not too happy.

Jenny
DeskTop Labels