Sunday, June 7, 2009

Glass Slippers Ain't so Shiny

Today I spent 45 minutes digging Georgia clay out of Cinderella's glass slippers.

Before I begin on my tangent I'd like to acknowledge my daughter who thought the plastic shoes would be the perfect foot ware for digging up worms. I'd also like to thank Disney World who decided it would be tons of fun to imprint the Pumpkin Carriage in tedious detail on the bottom of the glass slippers. I just love the hollow cylinders in the heel which are at least an inch deep. The dirt, clay and dog poop just fit in there so perfectly.

Of course I couldn't throw out the shoes which is what I really wanted to do. I know I probably was suckered into spending an arm and a leg for them. Of course we had to buy them to match the dress, tiara, earrings, and wand. No princess outfit is complete without them. And with a second daughter soon to be infatuated with Princesses I knew I had to keep digging away.

And so there I stood, with my tiny screwdriver and hot water, cursing myself for buying them and shooting dirty looks at my daughter who was oblivious. At least they are all shiny and ready for the next worm adventure.

1 comment:

My Trendy Tykes said...

ah....another one of those MOMMY MOMENTS, eh?