Thursday, April 23, 2009

Personal Hygene

I'm beginning to rethink my personal hygene schedule. I've always showered in the morning to begin my day. But as I sit here after putting all the kids to bed I'm starting to wonder why it is I do that.

Right now I'm covered in regurgitated blueberries and apples all over my shirt. I have actual splatter marks on my sweat pants from where the baby threw up while I was standing up holding her. I was so impressed with the babies power I showed my husband who just looked at me in astonisment trying to figure out why I was showing him that.

I'm pretty sure I have poop in my hair too. I moved some hair out of my face while changing the baby only to notice minutes later my hands were dirty. I've also got some blood on my hands from where I covered up my son's road rash while carrying him inside after crashing on the pavement.

Yeah, I'm going to take a shower now.

5 comments:

flavoredmom said...

I used to shower in the mornings...in my previous life when I dressed decently and spent the day among the civilized. After nearly 10 years at home with the 3 little pigs, I find a shower right before bed is much sweeter.

L Harris said...

I shower at night too. One less thing to do in the morning when everyone (5 little ones) is clamoring for breakfast!

Ruth said...

Right before bed is the perfect time to shower. I read somewhere that it helps you sleep, and I've found it to be true. Going from a hot steamy shower to a relatively cool bedroom helps your body feel like sleeping.
That being said, I take a shower any time I can get it!

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

So funny!
I always end up showering at night because I can't seem to get in there during the day, no time!
Take care! And come visit my blog sometime!
PS thanks for voting for me today! :)

LZ said...

I think a night shower is the best! It is a nice break between your mom duties and some 'me' time, and then you wake up ready to start the day...