Monday, December 21, 2009

Its Christmas...holy crap!

Thats really the only thing I can say whenever I hear the "4 more shopping days until Christmas"...HOLY CRAP! Where did 2009 go? How can so many crazy, wonderful, unexpected, life altering things in a mere 365 days? It boggles my mind that the first 6 months drug along sooo slooowly, then as soon as my son was born BAM- there flew the other 6 like I snapped my fingers. We may complain about how insane our days are, and how hectic our lives are but really ladies... we have such an incredible amount to be thankful for. To be completely filled with gratitude for. Our kids piss us off, or cost us insane amounts of money in alcohol but really...they're so worth it. Our husbands..yeah...they're dumb--but they're ridiculously loveable. I had this "AHA" moment today at the Dr's office getting my sons immunizations... there was a couple in the next room, Mom and Dad looked a total wreck with a super sick son. I gathered from the flurry of nurses around them that hospitalization and some massive testing was required on this sick little guy. 4 days before Christmas. My heart went out to them because they were literally beside themselves with worry. I sat there listening to the hubbub, holding my healthy little guy and thought "Thank you, God." because I don't think I say it, or think it enough. I think, like everyone else, I get all caught up in the wrapping and the cookies, etc and don't stop to think about how lucky we are...to have presents to wrap...to have cookies to bake...or an oven to bake them in...or a family to give them to (or hide them from because they will eat them ALL while you're not looking...) :)
I'm grateful to have you ladies reading this, sharing your thoughts with me and sharing this insanity called "motherhood" with me.
I am exceptionally grateful for my best friends (like Nanny D. herself) because I simply would not have been able to deal with this wonderful, blunderful year without them.
I could go on and on...but in case I don't get to blog before the end of the 2009...I wish you and yours the very happiest of holidays and nothing but the promise of a crazy, fabulous 2010. The best just keeps getting better, right? :)
Candy

No comments: