Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolutions, Schmezolutions...

Happy Holidays Nanny Deprived Mama's!!!
We trust that the season, shopping, weather, wrapping, families, wine, Santa photos, greeeting cards, wine, cleaning, baking and wine has you completely frazzed and secretly thankful its over...atleast til it sneaks around again in 10 more months.
This year has seemed to me like a holding pattern...like I've just been bumming around here waiting for something fabulous and maybe- JUST MAYBE 2011 has what I've been waiting for. Its kind of inspiring me to be a better me, a better mama and just--do things better. What sort of resolutions do you make (and break?) each year or are you just DYING to resolve to do something and actually MAKE IT HAPPEN?
This year I am going to do the following:
I WILL have a date night- even if its just a movie night at home- with my DH every other week.
I WILL clean my blinds regularly.
I WILL start cooking with low-fat items and maybe even less butter...but that I can't promise without very gradual decline over time.
I WILL get the kids rooms painted and decorated before Feb 1st (its only been 6 months since we moved in...)
I WILL keep my bedroom toy and child free so we can have an "adult only" space. *Middle of the night bad dreams do not apply.
I WILL continue to whack at my credit card debt and pay everything with debit. If thats not possible then I don't need it.

How about you ladies? What will you absolutely positively do better this year?

-Candy

No comments: