Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Is it Time for School Yet?

I counted down the days until school ended this year. I was looking forward to spending the day at the pool with my kids along with other great things I had planned. I couldn't wait to not have to pack any lunches or wait in the car pool lane at school to drop off my kids. Summer sounded so wonderful.

I had planned an RV trip across the country, Vacation Bible School, sleepovers at friends houses, zoo days, gymnastics classes and swim team. Between all these activities I thought we'd spend lazy days at the pool with friends.

And now, I'm counting down the days until school starts. I've never been so exhausted in my life. Carrying three bags of toys, snacks, sunscreen, water and toys to and from the pool every day just to have my kids complain that it's too hot makes me want to scream. I'm constantly running here and there and volunteering at VBS has about killed me.

I've been running my kids ragged trying to keep them entertained and having fun. Meanwhile, I'm finding myself going to bed at 9pm because I can't keep my eyes open. I need a break from my summer break - it's called "school". Come on September - hurry!

No comments: