Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rainy Days = Stupidity

We've had a few rainy days lately. It's hard to try to find things to keep my kids entertained when they can't go outside. When my daughter mentioned "play-doh" I of course cringed and a shiver went through my body. But since there was nothing else to do, and I knew a tantrum was going to make an appearance if I said no, I decided to give in and get out the bag of play-doh.


I moved the little table to the only non-carpet area of my house and opened all the little tubs. I then tried to make my escape to the computer. After listening to 5 minutes of repetitive "Help me, Ma" from my 2 year old I threw in the towel, pulled up a chair way to tiny for my rump, and dug into the play-doh.

I hate to admit it, but I kind of got into it for a few minutes. We made a mouse house for my daughter complete with sectional couch, TV, table and fridge. She dug it! I was the coolest mom for awhile. But then Go, Diego, Go came on and everyone left me sitting at a tiny table covered with bits of play-doh scattered about. I had to pick it all up which is no fun at all. It's impossible to get out of carpet! Thank God for my dust buster.

No comments: